Thursday, April 12, 2018

I Took on Too Much This Semester

Once again I've managed to fall of the face of the earth when it comes to keeping up with blogging... it's a lot of work surprisingly. During the Fall semester, I felt like I didn't have anything substantive to share even though I was in D.C. But anything that I began typing ended up being unrelated to law school and while thats is completely okay, it just felt forced. This Spring semester I am so drained that Justifiably Blonde has pushed so far on the back burner it's practically fallen off. But it is my goal to pick back up with it this summer. 

A quick run down of how my semester is going -- I'm burnt out to say the least. Im only taking 13 credits -- 4 courses Con Law II, LCR III, Commercial Transactions and Evidence. But I am also working part-time (money doesn't grow on trees and I feel guilty asking my parents for it since they already help me so much) and interning with the same firm I did last summer. To say the least, If I'm not at school, I'm at work or sleeping. It's finally all caught up with me which is making me TIRED ALL THE TIME and BURN OUT .. which in turn is extremely nerve wracking because theres only 3 weeks until finals and I am no where near ready. 

On the bright side, my summer employment is 90% secured. I say 90% because there are just the final details to run through. But I'm beyond excited because I will be spending my summer in CHARLOTTE, NC. It has been my plan since I began law school to leave NY after I graduate. NY is always going to be my first home, but I've outgrown my first home and I'm ready for my second. I will be working with a Residential Real Estate firm -- I really think I've found my niche in the legal profession so I'm even more excited to give it a try down in NC this summer. Now if I'm going to be honest, I am nervous. I'm nervous I wont do well, that I wont like Real Estate as much as I think I do, or that I won't like NC. But thats the WHOLE point of doing a summer internship -- no strings attached. Its all a test run. If in the end, it's not for me, IT'S OKAY. Which is scary because I have no idea where I will go if I don't like NY but I have a feeling I'm really really really going to fall in love with the city. I will be sure to post about my thoughts as I go. 

With it being so close to finals I figured I'd mention just a few things that I so easily forget during finals week. Its important to take care of yourself so that you can really put your best foot forward. 

1. SLEEP -- make sure you are sleeping. Lack of sleep messes up so many things including your ability to take in and process information. You might not get a full 8 hours but try and get 4-6 every night to be able to push through but still do well.

2. Eat Well -- Junk food just makes me feel sluggish, even more tired and cranky. Its not brain food, doesn't keep you full and burns a hole in your bank account. Snack on apples, bananas, carrots, peppers, nuts, granola, protein bars, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, drink lots of water, tea, etc. etc.

3. Dress in Comfy Clothes -- its finals for peeps sake. you're cramming while sitting for hours. I live in nothing but gym clothes and slippers during finals. 

4. Caffine -- I know I just said feed your brain with healthy foods but lets be honest... we all basically have a minimum caffeine intake of about 3 venti hot coffees per day during finals. I cant function without it and its what keeps me awake / focus. 

5. BREATHE -- its going to be OK. you will make it. you will do okay. 

I'm not sure if I will have the time to post again before finals but I hope to have the chance to at least give a bit more insight to some helpful tips in preparing and dealing with the stresses of Law school finals so be sure to check back in a few weeks for that!


2 comments on "I Took on Too Much This Semester"
  1. sleep, eat and take a bath are something unimportant on that moment for me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, of course this paragraph is in fact good and I have learned lot of things from it concerning blogging. thanks.

    ReplyDelete