Tuesday, August 2, 2016

22 & Still Excited About School Supplies

Yep I'll admit it I'm a 22 year old, soon to be 23, young adult who still gets excited about school supply shopping. I mean really who doesn't get excited about stuff like new pens and not just any new pens but the ONLY pen that makes your writing not look like you were in a rush or just plain chicken scratch. But let me take a second and share a little bit of my anxiety with you about this years school supply shopping experience... I had absolutely no idea what I needed. After reading one of my recommended reading books I began thinking about how I want to take notes... Do I want to do notebooks or Legal Pads or both? Or should I do everything on my computer? Then it was... well I no longer have a backpack so now I need one of those bad boys, which is going to be the best for everything to carry around.. A laptop sleeve for my new Mac, Pens, Highlighters.. the list went on and on. So here is my post on what I have / will be purchasing for my 1 L year:


Planner - I originally wanted to get the one suggested by Brazen and Brunette (which, by the way, you should definitely check out her blog)but after purchasing a laptop and new backpack I decided to go with one from target.  It is similar to the one from Plum Paper but a bit cheaper and without all the cool extras.
Large Desk Calendar - I'm huge on writing things down multiple times in multiple places so that I WILL not forget. So a desk calendar was a must for me.
Flash Drive - In my post on "The Laptop Dilemma" I shared my wonderfulllll experience with all the dells I went through just in undergrad. One actually crashed a week before finals but thankfully I had backed up everything on a flash drive. So this too was a no brainer just to back up all my notes, outlines, whatever I need.
Post It Tabs - great for reading markers.
Post It Notes
Notebooks
Legal Pads
Protector Sheets
Folders - Wasn't sure if I'm actually going to use these but I got a few just in case
Pens - Blue & Black, colored- From what I've read having pens in different colors can help with note taking so I'll give it a shot.
Highlighters - I got a pack of 24 - can never have too many
Index Cards - Not too sure if I'll actually use these but they are always good to have.
Back Pack - This sounds absolutely ridiculous but I really had no idea what I wanted for a backpack. My old backpack for undergrad actually smooshed my laptop because there wasn't enough room for laptop, books, notebooks, etc so I knew that one wasn't going to work. I wanted something that was going to have enough room for everything along with being reliable. I ended up buying a Northface Backpack on amazon.
Pad Lock - My school assigns lockers to each student so I found one that I never used just in case they don't supply them for us.

Some other things to keep in mind that you might need would be a printer + paper & ink cartridges, stapler + staples, paper clips.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment