Thursday, June 15, 2017

Spring Semester Recap - Welcome Back


Welp, I’m back after falling off the grid for almost a whole semester. I thought blogging while tackling the final semester of 1L year was going to be manageable but I was wrong. Unfortunately, this fell the lowest on the totem pole but I’m hoping over the course of the summer I can catch up on some posts and provide some great resources for those of you heading to law school, applying to law school or thinking about law school.

For the spring semester, I was enrolled in 16 credits  spread out through 5 courses. Property (5 credits) Con. Law (3) Criminal Law (3) Negotiations (3) and LCR II (2). Looking back on the semester, Property and Criminal Law were by far my favorite, con was easily at the very bottom. Compared to the first semester, Spring semester was challenging in new ways – more courses, more work, more reading, more balancing, more everything. Fall semester felt like a breeze compared to the spring. I struggled to say the least – I don't know if it was because we were in new sections and some were more competitive than others or what but I found it difficult to get into a groove, find consistent study partners that I worked well with and not let the home life take over. I had a much harder time telling people “no” and it was equally as hard  for some to grasp that law school life was separate from the home life that many were used to.

Overall, I did okay. My cumulative GPA dropped from the fall semester and I have been beating myself up pretty hard about that. But I will be diving further into that in an upcoming post for how to bounce back from a bad grade – what your options are, factors to consider, who to turn to, and which to choose.

On the upside, I am currently completing a summer internship with a local real estate attorney and absolutely loving it so far. I will definitely be giving an insight about what I have been up to with that and much more. I also have some other fun news to share but will be waiting a bit until everything is concrete, so be sure to stick around. 

For those of you who are new to Justifiably Blonde be sure to check out my About Me page when you have a second! If you are thinking about or applying to law school check out the following posts:


If you are heading into your 1L year, be sure to check out these posts:


Finally look beyond Justifiably Blonde for more insight. There are so many amazing blogs out there that add to what I have to offer, I have relied on so many of these fellow bloggers throughout my first year to learn the many tips and tricks to make this first year survivable. 



P.S. - I am looking for a fellow blogger who has recently been accepted to law school to do a collaborative piece, if you are interested contact me so I can give you more details (be sure to check out my collaborative piece with fellow blogger Nikki from Brazen and Brunette to see what a collaborative piece looks like!  Tips for Starting Your 1L year - The 1L & 2L Perspective. )
1 comment on "Spring Semester Recap - Welcome Back"
  1. This is really a nice and informative, containing all information and also has a great impact on the new technology. Thanks for sharing it,
    tellus title

    ReplyDelete